"robin is unrealistic!"
because a dude dressing up as a bat to fight crime is like
documentary level realness
Not to mention
bat dude’s best friends are an alien and a goddess, he regularly visits the moon, knows a bunch of sorcerers, he fought vampires, werewolves, Cthulhu, went to hell, took a trip through time, is haunted by a bat-demon, and a bunch of other commonplace everyday things.
But Robin is just way out there.
The issue I have with it is that people are repeatedly like “Oh, I just don’t see Batman as being capable of putting a child into a risky position like that” and it’s like, no, you don’t see your perfect, idealized version of him as being able to do that. Because you like to see his character flaw as being something cool like, LOVING JUSTICE TOO MUCH, or BEING TOO COMMITTED TO VENGEANCE and instead he’s a lonely dude, who’s emotionally stunted, who’s permanently stuck at the moment when he saw his parents die. Of course he looks at a twelve year old boy who just lost his parents and sees an equal who needs training, not a vulnerable child. Like, he didn’t look at Dick or Jason and initially think “Aww shit, am I up for recklessly endangering this kid?” he thought “Okay, at this age this is the kind of thing that would have helped me, this would have been what I wanted, so should I extend my help? Could their partnership be useful to me in the pursuit of my goals?”. The issue is not that Batman is perfect and that having a Robin around is incongruent with that perfection, it’s that if your image of Batman is incompatible with a Robin your image of him is probably off.
And it’s also just, you can talk about the probability of an adult putting a child in a risky situation as compared to the probability of a guy dressing up as a bat and punching criminals, or the probability of humanoid sun-powered aliens existing, but adults put a lot of responsibility on kids’ shoulders every day. Whether it’s a parents letting their child walk home alone or a parent trusting their child to stop them from driving drunk, that shit just happens. An adult could think they’re doing the kid a favor, or the needs of the situation could just outweigh their desire to protect their child, but there’s plenty of things that adults find to be reasonable risks to expose their children to which other people would not find acceptable,
this gif of Jeremy Brett
The two problems I have with My Fair’s Lady’s ending are:
1. It’s hella sexist, and not remotely what George Bernard Shaw wanted from any of the adaptations. The point was that Eliza ends the play BETTER than Henry Higgins, being more emotionally grounded, aware of herself, and both intellectually and emotionally equipped for her own independence. It basically throws all her hard work away and ignores the abuse she suffered under Henry Higgins to pat all the dudes in the audience on the head and be all “Naw, it’s okay, you can totally be assholes to women and they’ll come running back to you because they appreciate you so much. All their attempts to be independent are just wily lady ploys to get your attention”. Like, she leaves because she finds the lack of appreciation for all her hard work so intolerable, and then she comes running back to a life of servility after setting herself up for an independent life even though NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
2. COME THE FUCK ON, WHO THE SHIT PICKS AN ASSHOLE REX HARRISON OVER A WORSHIPFUL JEREMY BRETT? I FORREAL HOPE THAT WAS PART OF AN ELABORATE ASSASSINATION PLOT TO GET HENRY HIGGINS’ MONEY AND RUN AWAY WITH FREDDY, ELIZA.
You can tell a lot about someone from how intensely they get into Bohemian Rhapsody
The unfortunate thing about this is that, while Merann and I will totally sing along to Bohemian Rhapsody when it comes on the radio, we’re actually way more likely to intensely duet Princes of the Universe with absolutely no provocation or musical accompaniment.
One of my friends wanted me to draw the whispering forest. I think that some of the trees still have on their clothing from when they were people, which I guess would imply disparaging things about the Night Vale residents if they kept going in the forest…
By Joe Hughes
A few weeks back, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Andrew Garfield — who plays Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the current Amazing Spider-Man film franchise — recounted a conversation he had with a producer, in which he wondered out loud why Spider-Man couldn’t be gay or bisexual. When this quote was mentioned to Stan Lee over the weekend at Fandomfest in Louisville, Kentucky, the 90-year-old co-creator of Spider-Man made an awkward attempt at a humorous response: “I figure one sex is enough for anybody.”
SHUT UP STAN LEE NO ONES CARES WHAT YOU THIIIIIIIINK.
- "Everyone who doesn’t like this show/comic/whatever is wrong"
- "You must be blind if you don’t ship it"
- "If this doesn’t make you cry, you must be dead inside"
- "Everyone who thinks/likes this is going to be so embarrassed by themselves in a few years"
- "Everyone who interprets this thing this way is missing the point"
Hey, hey, guess what I hate? Guess. These fucking kinds of posts.
Oh, Hydrogen Peroxide. You do so many things. You deserve more attention.
Here’s a list of the many benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide!
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle).
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of “Peroxide” to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. One man reports, “I had a fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry. All gone.”
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. A nurse reports that she has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
11. Put half of a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there are protein stains on clothing, pour it directly on the spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
14. Use 3% Hydrogen peroxide for removing blood stains – especially if they are fairly fresh. Pour directly on the soiled spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary. It is a great bleaching agent for stubborn stains on white clothes. Combine ½ c. hydrogen peroxide and 1 t. ammonia for a great stain removal combination.
15. Use hydrogen peroxide to bleach delicate items such as wool or wool blends. Soak them overnight in a solution of one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to eight parts cold water. Launder according to care instructions.
*Also, if you have a dog that you need to get to vomit (like if they ate a bunch of chocolate), make them swallow hydrogen peroxide. Give it to them a few teaspoons at a time.*
I wish that I could write a more elegant, coherent post, but this is all I can manage today as I had a very long day at work.
NO. As a health care professional, I cannot with good conscience see this and let it stand. This list is almost entirely wrong. The only things that you can do here that are 100% unharmful are the cleaning house options, and the laundry ones. That is it. And even then, you should wash the peroxide off of any surface that you eat off of, or that food may contact. I have bolded and striked the things that you should not do.
If you do some of these, you will get very sick. You can die. If you feed it to your pet, your pet will most likely die - are you willing to bet on the off chance that your pet may vomit up all of the chemical? I wouldn’t. Hell, even feeding it yourself to your animal could be considered abusive. It is used in Veterinary practice occasionally because they are professionals and understand exactly what to do and how to do it.
Keep Hydrogen Peroxide away from your mucous membranes - your eyes, nose, ears, mouth, etc. It only works as a toothpaste if you use the correct mixture of baking soda and salt. NEVER PLAIN PEROXIDE. Even then, peroxide as a toothpaste has not been proven to be any more effective than regular toothpaste. Oral debridement does not mean to use as mouthwash or to soak - it just means that it can strip plague from teeth - just like toothpaste does. You can use it on cuts, but do not soak. You pour it on, let it sit for a few moments, and then rinse it off with water. You can repeat - but you never leave it there. It kills healthy cells as well as infectious agents, and has been shown to increase the length of healing time. It has ALSO been proven, scientifically, that peroxide is ineffective in treating these wounds at all.
This is especially true since the pictured bottle is not of the diluted kind that could be used in other products. The bolded and striked options may potentially not harm you, but I implore you to not try these options.
Surgical nurse, out.
Pet peeve: When people make photosets specifically praising the art in a comic, but don’t credit the artist.
He’s called Deucalion.
Reblogginb because HE WIPES HIS MOTHERFUCKING HANDS WITH A GODDAMN HANDKERCHIEF.
REBLOGGING BECAUSE I DID NOT NOTICE THIS
HE HOLDS HIS CANE THE WAY THE MOTHERFUCKING QUEEN OF ENGLAND HOLDS HER TEACUP
I would be lying if I said I didn’t gush about how well he worked his claw manicure.
by David Marquez
Clearly people are not appreciating this enough. CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITIES OF BIG BARDA AND MILES HANGING OUT LONG ENOUGH FOR HER TO GIVE HIM HIS OWN TINY HELMET. I WILL ILLUSTRATE IT FOR YOU WITH ACTION FIGURES.
Boom! If I was a criminal I’d be poopin’ myself in fear. Tiny spider-man and giant lady? Ain’t no escaping that.
Imagine the hijinks!
“What’s this do?”
“I would be careful with that, tiny warrior”
And like, she would be the super-mentor he needs, and it’d be okay that it was a company crossover because there’s no suitable mentors in the Ultimate-verse, because that is a universe populated almost entirely by jerks.
“And everyone says I can’t be Spider-man because I’m too young, but then they won’t help me and I try so hard…”
“There, there, Mighty Miles. I will give them all a very stern talking to. They are all just jealous of your strong warrior spirit”
BARDA WOULD BE THE BEST MENTOR OKAY? She would give Miles battle training and then she, him, and Ganke would play pokemon, because Barda appreciates a good game of Pokemon.
it starts out like this
but her top
Sorry it’s not a strict Hawkeye Initiative interpretation, Barda, I got distracted by the idea of purple diaper-wearing Clint Barton overcoming his severe curvature of the spine to become a hero who fires toothpick-sized arrows with his tiny chest arm with deadly accuracy.